Sunday, March 2, 2008

90s Moment... 1.0

I've been told that I'm stuck in the 90s. I must admit that in many ways I probably am, but the 90s were pretty good to me. Being an 80s baby and a child of the 90s is really something to brag about. The 90s was the last GREAT decade to be a kid in. The MUSIC (classic), the CARTOONS (untouchable), the GAMES ( friggin awesome), I could go on and on...... and on. I mean... reminiscing about naps, snacks, sloppy joes, freeze tag, dodge ball, and RECESS can really brighten up and ADULT day.

So......Here's a salute to the days long gone when we listened to music way too old for us and loved it, woke up early Saturday mornings to watch the best cartoons ever, and had to be home before the street lights came on........

Anyway.... I say all this to introduce my 90s moment of the day. Earlier today, just as I was telling my mom how I wish I could hear more of MY oldies on the radio, I hear one of my favorite songs ever. Come and talk to me by JODECI. When it came on I got a vivid flash back of being over my cousin's house and asking my aunt if I could get a glass of juice (since I would have gotten yelled at if I poured it myself even though I could do it) and she laughed at me for asking for stuff all the time. I got the juice and I went into the living room and this song was playing on THE BOX (throw back). I instantly fell in love with the song and me and my cousins sang it for the whole summer. Yea... that was RANDOM but, every time I here this song I feel like a little kid again.

Here's the video....

No comments: