Monday, March 10, 2008

The Definition of RANDOM...... crazy flashback

I am extremely RANDOM. I know this, don't deny it, and embrace every random thought that comes to mind. I don't know why but while working (or hardly working I should say... I know wack, but WHATEVA), one of the most out-of-the-blue memories popped into my head. Now brace yourself for something so random you may not even remember it............................................

The Brave Little Toaster






This movie was released by Disney in 1987 and shows the journey of a group of small appliances as they set out to find their owner who left them behind many years before. This was one of my favorite movies when I was younger. This movie made me appreciate things, because I thought everything had feelings. The appliances had anthropomorphic faces and talked. Looking back now I realize the movie is kind of scary and has been described as Blade Runner (a sci-fi classic) for kids... This may be the true start of my sci-fi journey... but anyway...There are many scenes where other appliances are taken apart, smashed, or meet with some kind of destruction. There are also weird hallucinogenic sequences.... Friggin Great.



Other than that its very encouraging and teaches lessons about confidence, perseverance, loyalty, and friendship. It manages to be a very sweet and enjoyable film. Anyway....Who knows why I thought of it, but regardless of the reason, it deserves a post.



~Here's a montage of the scenes I found on YouTube. It shows the darker side of the film~



No comments: