Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I'm A SCI-FI Freak! And Proud of it.....Vol. 2...

Continuing on my science fiction journey I have to stop and acknowledge the movie, The Time Machine... the original (made in 1960). My parents and Aunt used to talk about this movie when I was younger and when I finally saw it I was in awe. I think time travel is extra interesting and it is partly due to this movie. The movie is based of the 1895 novel by H.G. Wells, which made the idea of time travel popular in his time. In the movie a scientist, known only as the time traveler, goes forward in time and witnesses the horrors of war in both 1940 and 1966. He then travels far into the future where the human race had been divided into two new species.


The film is noted for its then-novel use of time lapse photographic effects to show the world around the Time Traveller changing at breakneck speed as he travels through time. Even though we have made advances in special effects far beyond that which are in this movie, you have to appreciate them for what they represented at the time. This is classic sci-fi... you gotta love it :-)

Here's a trailer.




No comments: